Fenero is a fast growing and ambitious tax and payment management services company for professional service contractors and freelancers. We are award winning, straight talking tax experts delivering market leading customer experience in the tax and accountancy industry.
We have an excellent year on year growth rate track record and further ambitious expansion plans. We started as a one person company in 2009 and today we are a team of 35 with expectations of growing to 40 within the first few months of 2020.
We are proud double winners in the 2019 Irish Accountancy Awards, winning Medium Sized Accountancy of the Year and the prestigious overall award of Accountancy Practice of the Year. We are also proud winners of the 2019 CX (Customer Experience) Impact in Professional Services Award from the Irish CX Impact Awards.
We are a values-based business and we are extremely proud of our culture. We have a challenging and performance focused environment where career progression and professional development is promoted and encouraged. This is underpinned by an open, supportive and teamwork oriented culture. We have won awards and recognition for our employee wellbeing focus and initiatives. We value fun, teamwork and collaboration, and enjoy regular social events together.
Working within the management team and reporting to the Head of Operations and Directors, this position’s primary responsibility is managing the delivery of client services across Contractor Clients Accounts, Income Tax and Practice Client services as client numbers continue to grow, including management of ongoing improvement.
This role will work closely with the Head of Operations and within the Management Team to execute business improvement activities and projects in the areas of
- Customer Experience,
- And People Development and Talent Management
within Contractor Clients Accounts, Income Tax and Practice Clients business streams, whilst also supporting similar activities and projects in other client service streams which are under the primary responsibility of other managers in the Tax & Accounting division.
Working as a member of the management team of the Tax & Accounting division, the position also contributes to and assists with the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices in support of the Head of Operations and Directors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing the delivery of tax and accounting client services within our “Contractor Client Accounting”, “Practice Client” and “Income Tax” business streams, in line with service level targets, customer experience standards and operations KPIs
- Carry out tax and accounting activities including preparation of accounts and income tax returns, as required, and review work and provide technical guidance for the junior members on the team
- Working collaboratively with, and in support of, other managers within the Tax & Accounting division on projects and activities which support the delivery of client services in other business streams, in line with service level targets, customer experience standards and operations KPIs
- Identify learning and development needs for team members and create and implement Learning & Development Plans for each member. Carry out other people management activities including one to ones, ongoing performance management, and performance reviews.
- Be a point of escalation for the Tax & Accounting team in relation to Customer Concerns, and have overall accountability for the timely resolution of concerns for customers relating to your business streams
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of a high-quality Customer Experience for all clients within your business stream, and for promoting a customer experience focused culture within the team
- Provide technical tax and accounting support in other areas of the business as dictated by business requirements
- Prepare weekly and monthly operations KPI reports as required for Operations Manager and Head of Operations
- Provide data, reports and plans to assist Operations Manager and Head of Operations with longer term capacity planning and resourcing needs as requested
- Be motivated to identify, propose, and execute improvements to operations, processes, policies, and customer touchpoints in support of the company’s strategic objectives, and foster an environment of continuous improvement on the team
- Contribute to short and long term organisational planning and strategy
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration throughout the business
You are an an experienced accountant with a growth mindset, who is excited to be a part of driving the growth journey of a medium sized firm which has already achieved significant success and industry recognition and which is now looking to achieve this on a larger scale across current and new markets.
You have excellent tax and accounting knowledge. You have experience in people management and development and a strong focus on and passion for creating an excellent experience for clients.
You are ambitious and enjoy working in a challenging but exciting, growth orientated environment. You have an attitude of continuous learning and development and are energised by supporting and driving ongoing business and operational change and improvement activities.
Your experience, skills and attributes:
- Qualified accountant, with a minimum 2 years PQE
- Have spent a minimum of 3 years of your accounting career working in practice
- Excellent technical accounting and tax knowledge
- Previous experience in the leadership and management of operations and people
- Previous experience in building teams, people development and performance management
- Demonstrate the Fenero Leadership Attributes personally and role model our Fenero values within the company. Promote and drive the Fenero values within your team, with particular responsibility for modelling positivity, empathy, support, energy and a “one-team” mindset.
- Growth mindset. Be adaptable, open to personal development, and have the courage to make and embrace changes
- Dynamic and energised by ongoing growth, change and improvement
- Ability to think with a strategic mindset and contribute to the strategic development and planning of operations
- Target driven and results focused
- Highly collaborative and team focused, demonstrates high emotional intelligence and empathy when working within a team
- Be passionate about our services and our vision for customer experience, committed to delivering high-quality for our clients, and always seek to create positive experiences for our clients
- Strong awareness and understanding of customer experience requirements; enjoys client facing activities and responsibilities.
- Self-motivation with drive, enthusiasm and commitment
- Ability to work well in fast paced, deadline driven environment and support the wider team to achieve same
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
Salary and Benefits
- Salary; Negotiable, D.O.E
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised gym or health/wellbeing related activities
- Life insurance (available upon joining) and disability (PHI) cover (available after 6 months service)
- Free parking
- Supportive and employee growth focused culture, within an Employee Wellbeing Award Winning environment
How to Apply
We can really never emphasize this enough for any role we recruit for – bring your CV to life by sending us a great cover letter! Our recruitment decisions are based as much on personality and attitude as they are on skills and qualifications. Show us the person behind the CV, make your cover letter stand out! Please also state your salary expectations in your cover letter.