Role: Office & Contracts Administrator
This newly created role in our fast growing business will work alongside our Office Manager to support a number of key administrative, financial, customer support and facilities management activities across the entire business. We offer financial assistance for study towards qualifications or courses which may be of relevance to your career growth in Fenero.
Fenero is a fast growing and ambitious tax and payment management services company for professional service contractors and freelancers. We are award winning, straight talking tax experts delivering market leading customer experience in the tax and accountancy industry.
We have an excellent year on year growth rate track record and further ambitious expansion plans. We started as a one person company in 2009 and today we are a team of 38 and still growing!
We are proud double winners in the 2019 Irish Accountancy Awards, winning Medium Sized Accountancy of the Year and the prestigious overall award of Accountancy Practice of the Year. We are also proud winners of the 2019 CX (Customer Experience) Impact in Professional Services Award from the Irish CX Impact Awards.
We are a values-based business and we are extremely proud of our culture. We have a challenging and performance focused environment where long term career progression and professional development is promoted and encouraged. This is underpinned by an open, supportive and teamwork oriented culture. We have won awards and recognition for our employee wellbeing focus and initiatives. We value fun, teamwork and collaboration, and enjoy regular social events together.
We share a lot of information and advice about our expertise and also insights into life working at Fenero on our social pages across LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram – take a look there to learn even more about us!
The successful candidate will work alongside our Office Manager to support a number of key administrative, financial, customer support and facilities management activities across the entire business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the Office Manager with accounts receivable activities. Issuing sales invoices, credit notes and statements to clients. Assisting with credit control and debtor management activities.
- Supporting the Office Manager with the smooth running of the office and maintaining a good physical environment for the benefit of the overall employee experience, including the following facilities management:
- Management of kitchen/canteen supplies
- Responsible for supporting general cleanliness and tidiness of the office and kitchen and holding the team accountable for maintaining standards
- Management of stationery supplies and ordering
- IT troubleshooting
- Management of computer equipment supplies
- Liaising and co-ordinating with external IT service providers
- Proof reading, approving and processing contracts outlining the terms of our contractor
client’s engagements with end user companies
- Welcoming visitors and interview candidates to the office and organising refreshments for meetings.
- Act as one of the primary team members (amongst others) who answer incoming telephone calls / telephone receptionist duties.
- Carrying out company secretarial administration on behalf of our internal companies and our clients to ensure compliance with the Companies Registration Office.
- Assist with administrative management of Document Control system.
- Management of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist our Customer Experience Team with administrative and customer support activities at peak times.
- Assist our Technical teams with administrative and customer support activities at peak times.
- Other general ad hoc activities to support the overall employee experience and customer experience in Fenero.
Skills & Qualities Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience working in a fast paced wide-ranging office administration role in a professional, client facing environment.
- Experience with invoicing and accounts receivable is an advantage.
- A fastidious eye for detail; high levels of accuracy in all work and communication.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong personal organisation and time management skills, and a strong ability to prioritise work.
- High energy and adaptable team player with a positive attitude.
- Natural customer services skills and highly motivated by the importance of customer experience.
- Loves working with people and builds rapport easily.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary, Neg. DOE
- Study supports available for those wishing to pursue relevant qualifications or courses to support their career growth and development in Fenero
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised gym membership fees and health/wellbeing activities
- Life insurance cover (available upon joining)
- Long term illness (PHI) cover (available after 6 months service)
- Regular company paid social events
- Friendly, supportive, wellbeing and learning & development focused culture
How to Apply
Send your CV AND cover letter below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We can really never emphasize this enough – bring your CV to life with a great cover letter! Show us the person behind the CV, tell us your story. Make your cover letter stand out!
Please also state your salary expectations below or in your cover letter.
We will not accept applications without a cover letter to accompany your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!