ROLE: ASSISTANT TECHNICAL MANAGER (QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT)
Fenero is a fast growing and ambitious tax, accounting and payment management services company for professional service contractors and freelancers. We are award winning, straight talking tax experts delivering market leading customer experience in the tax and accountancy industry.
We have an excellent year on year growth rate track record and further ambitious expansion plans. We started as a one person company in 2009 and today we are a team of 38 with expectations of growing to 45 within the first half of 2020.
Fenero is considered a hybrid company between practice and industry, containing strong elements of both of these environments, both in terms of the type of our work and our operational practices. As a result it offers a unique opportunity for accountants to progress their careers.
We are proud double winners in the 2019 Irish Accountancy Awards, winning Medium Sized Accountancy Practice of the Year and the prestigious overall award of Accountancy Practice of the Year. We are also proud winners of the 2019 CX (Customer Experience) Impact in Professional Services Award from the Irish CX Impact Awards.
We are a values-based business and we are extremely proud of our culture. Our culture stems from our 5 core values of:
- Customer Experience
- Camaraderie & Candor
- Better Everyday
- Win. Right.
- Boundless Ambition
We have a challenging and performance focused environment where career progression and professional development is promoted and encouraged. We support our people in developing and growing their potential, which in turns enables our business as a whole to grow and develop it’s potential.
This is underpinned by an open, supportive and teamwork oriented culture. We have won awards and recognition for our employee wellbeing focus and initiatives. We value fun, teamwork and collaboration, and enjoy regular social events together.
Working in support of the Technical Managers in our Tax & Accounting division, this position’s primary responsibility is assisting with managing the delivery of services across the business streams within the Tax & Accounting division as client numbers continue to grow rapidly, including supporting ongoing change and improvement projects to help us live our value of “Better Everyday”.
This role will work closely with the Head of Operations and with the Technical Managers to execute business improvement activities and projects in the areas of
- Customer Experience,
- And People Development and Talent Management
The position also has the opportunity to contribute to and assist with the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices in support of the Head of Operations. Career progression opportunities include becoming a Technical Manager, becoming an increasingly senior technical specialist and/or taking on people leadership responsibilities. You will be supported in undertaking ongoing courses and/or qualifications in support of your progression and career goals should you wish to do so.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting with the management of delivery of tax and accounting services for our Irish contractor clients, our international contractor clients, our income tax clients and our internal 200+ group companies, in line with service level targets, customer experience standards and operations KPIs
- Carry out tax and accounting activities including preparation of financial accounts and income tax returns, as required, and review work and provide technical guidance for the junior members on the team
- Workflow management responsibilities for a range of specific processes and services
- Be a point of escalation for the Tax & Accounting team in relation to Customer Concerns, and support the timely resolution of concerns for customers in the Tax & Accounting division business streams
- Working collaboratively with other managers within the Tax & Accounting division on projects and activities which support the delivery of client services in other business streams, in line with service level targets, customer experience standards and operations KPIs
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of a high-quality Customer Experience for all clients, and for promoting a customer experience focused culture within the team
- Provide technical tax and accounting support in other areas of the business as dictated by business requirements
- Assist with the preparation of weekly and monthly operations KPI reports as required for Operations Manager and Head of Operations
- Provide data, reports and plans to assist Operations Manager and Head of Operations with longer term capacity planning and resourcing needs as requested
- Be motivated to identify, propose, and execute improvements to operations, processes, policies, and customer touchpoints in support of the company’s strategic objectives, and foster an environment of continuous improvement on the team
- Contribute to short and long term organisational planning and strategy
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration throughout the business
You are a qualified accountant with 1 to 2 years PQE. You have worked for a minimum of 3 years in a practice environment with an SME client base, and have developed an excellent broad range of technical knowledge and expertise with regard to accounting and tax, including income tax. You have some experience in workflow management and training and supporting junior team members. You may have already have some people/talent management experience or are interested in pursuing this as a career development opportunity in Fenero.
You have a passion for working with people and a strong focus on creating an excellent experience for clients.
You are ambitious, have a growth mindset and are keen to further develop your leadership skills and/or leadership potential. You are excited to be a part of driving the growth journey of a medium sized firm which has already achieved significant success and industry recognition and which is now looking to achieve this on a larger scale across current and new markets.
You enjoy working in a challenging but exciting, growth orientated environment. You have an attitude of continuous learning and development and are energised by supporting and driving ongoing business and operational change and improvement activities.
Your experience, skills and attributes:
- Qualified accountant, with 1 to 2 years PQE
- Have spent a minimum of 3 years of your accounting career working in practice with an SME client base
- Excellent technical accounting and tax knowledge, including income tax, payroll, VAT, financial accounting and corporation tax
- Previous experience in preparing Irish income tax returns and reviewing income tax returns prepared by more junior team members
- Previous experience in preparing accounts / financial statements and corporation tax returns and reviewing accounts / financial statements and corporation tax returns prepared by more junior team members
- Previous experience in workflow management
- Demonstrate the Fenero Brand Values and Leadership Attributes personally and role model our Fenero values within the company. Promote and drive the Fenero values within your team, with particular responsibility for modelling positivity, empathy, support, energy and a “one-team” mindset.
- Growth mindset. Be adaptable, open to personal development, and have the courage to make and embrace changes
- Dynamic and energised by ongoing growth, change and improvement
- Ability to think with a strategic mindset and contribute to the strategic development and planning of operations
- Target driven and results focused
- Highly collaborative and team focused, demonstrates high emotional intelligence and empathy when working within a team
- Be passionate about our services and our vision for customer experience, committed to delivering high-quality for our clients, and always seek to create positive experiences for our clients
- Strong awareness and understanding of customer experience requirements; enjoys client facing activities and responsibilities.
- Self-motivation with drive, enthusiasm and commitment
- Ability to work well in fast paced, deadline driven environment and support the wider team to achieve same
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
Salary and Benefits
- Salary; Negotiable, D.O.E
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised gym or health/wellbeing related activities
- Life insurance (available upon joining) and disability (PHI) cover (available after 6 months service)
- Free parking
- Supportive and employee growth focused culture, within an Employee Wellbeing Award Winning environment
How to Apply
We can really never emphasize this enough for any role we recruit for – bring your CV to life by sending us a great cover letter! Our recruitment decisions are based as much on personality and attitude as they are on skills and qualifications. Show us the person behind the CV, make your cover letter stand out! Please also state your salary expectations in your cover letter.