Looking for an amazing opportunity to kick start a career in payroll? We have a proud history of providing opportunities for talented individuals to progress in a new career, through our structured and supportive trainee learning and development programs.
Fenero is a tax services company with ambitious growth plans. Our vision is to be the fastest growing and most customer centric tax services company to contractors and freelancers in Ireland.
We have an excellent year on year growth rate track record and our growth rate is expected to accelerate further still in our mission to take over the market! We started as a one person company in 2009 and are now a 25 person strong team (and growing…!). We have a challenging and performance focused environment where career progression and professional development is promoted and encouraged.
This is underpinned by an open, supportive and teamwork oriented culture. We have won awards and recognition for our employee wellbeing focus and initiatives. We value fun, teamwork and collaboration, and enjoy regular social events together. We were shortlisted in 3 categories in the 2018 Irish Accountancy Awards, including “Employer Of The Year”.
Fenero offer more than your typical payroll bureau or in-house payroll experience – which makes it an excellent training ground. The experience you will gain will accelerate you rapidly through the early stages of a payroll career. You will find variety in every single payroll that you process which in turn will really grow and develop your payroll knowledge and expertise.
You will work within our busy Umbrella Team, delivering payroll, payment and customer support to our Umbrella Company contractors. The role involves much telephone and email contact with our clients and business referrers, which includes many of Ireland’s most well – known recruitment agencies.
As this is a trainee position, no previous work experience in payroll is required. However you will need to be able to demonstrate a strong interest in payroll, finance and customer service. The role is very client focused and customer experience orientated. The successful candidate therefore must enjoy dealing with people and display natural customer service skills and excellent communication abilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Processing daily payrolls on behalf of our Umbrella Company contractors
- Liaising with contractors and agencies regarding payroll queries
- Processing expenses claims through the payroll
- Onboarding of new contractor clients
- Answering client payroll and tax queries by telephone, email and in person
- Pension payroll administration
- P45 processing
- Issuing payslips
- Delivering an excellent customer experience at all times
- Other payroll, accounting and administration process support duties to support the Umbrella Team activities
Skills & Qualities Requirements
- You must have completed at least Part 1 of the iPass Payroll Technician course (www.ipass.ie) and be in the process of completing Part 2, or to have completed the full course. Alternatively, candidates without this qualification will be considered on the basis of relevant payroll work experience. Paid study supports are available for those wishing to pursue this qualification or the iPass Diploma in Payroll Management.
- Previous work experience either in a financial or professional organisation or in a fast paced customer service environment is a strong advantage;
- Highly driven, motivated and energetic; ready to make the most of the trainee program opportunity and to learn and progress as much as you can;
- Team player;
- Interested in working in a customer service environment with daily contact with clients and business referrers;
- Excellent customer service skills and highly focused on customer experience;
- Confident in dealing with clients and third parties on queries by phone;
- Great interpersonal skills with empathetic and friendly personality;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Ability to work calmly and effectively to daily deadlines with high volumes;
- Excellent attention to detail in every task;
- Computer literate; good Excel and Word skills;
- Demonstrates passion for living our company values.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary; Negotiable, D.O.E and reflective of the trainee nature of this role
- Study supports available for those wishing to pursue iPass or further related professional development qualifications
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised gym or health/wellbeing related activities
- Life insurance (available upon joining) and disability (PHI) cover (available after 6 months service)
- Supportive and employee growth focused culture, within an Employee Wellbeing Award Winning environment
How to Apply
We can really never emphasize this enough for any role we recruit for – bring your CV to life by sending us a great cover letter! Our recruitment decisions are based as much on personality and attitude as they are on skills and qualifications. Show us the person behind the CV, make your cover letter stand out!
Please also state your salary expectations in your cover letter.
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!