In this newly created role in Fenero, you will be directly supporting the significant growth of our income tax and accountancy division. You are a newly qualified accountant who has trained in practice. You have always enjoyed income tax work in your previous roles and now want to further develop your income tax experience in a tax focused accountancy practice as well as maintaining your statutory and financial accounting experience.
We are an ambitious and young company providing specialist tax services to contractors and freelancers in Ireland. We are growing rapidly and looking for ambitious and energetic individuals to join our existing team of 25 talented professionals.
If you are looking for a company with great career progression, offering continuous learning and development support within a challenging, growth orientated environment, Fenero could be the place for you.
We have a friendly, open culture and a strong teamwork focus. We have an award-winning employee wellbeing culture and program. We care about our people and want to see them succeed.
If you want to progress in your career, be challenged by change and learning, within a friendly and supportive team environment, we’d love to hear from you.
You will be working directly with our Senior Accountant, supporting the growth of the income tax and accountancy team. In this role your time will be spent largely on income tax activities, both in preparation and review work, but you will also have a significant ongoing involvement in statutory financial accounting.
You will manage a portfolio of clients and will have a great deal of client communication.
You will assist with training junior team members in both income tax and statutory financial accounting and you will review the work they carry out.
You will develop your own income tax knowledge by producing a high volume of income tax returns for contractors, sole traders, freelancers and landlords throughout the whole year, not just at tax deadline. You will develop in depth knowledge of personal tax residency rules. Your tax work will be primarily compliance orientated, but some tax research work will be required for clients, the Senior Accountant or the Directors on a periodic basis.
Your Experience, Skills and Attributes
- You have c. 3 years experience in an Accountancy Practice;
- You are a newly qualified ACCA or ACA accountant;
- You have experience in preparing income tax returns for a range of clients including PAYE directors, landlords and sole traders. You can independently bring these income tax returns to a high level of completion prior to passing them for Senior or Partner Review;
- You can independently prepare year end statutory financial statements for small “one-person professional service” limited companies and have experience liaising directly with clients in obtaining their approval and sign off of the accounts;
- You can prepare year end statutory financial statements for small and medium sized limited companies to a high level of completion prior to passing them for Senior or Partner Review;
- You have had some experience in supporting the training or development of junior team members and are keen to progress your own career by taking on more responsibility in reviewing the work of junior team members;
- You are an excellent communicator. You enjoy communicating with clients both verbally and in writing and you have experience in advising clients in relation to the year end accounts and income tax returns which you have produced for them. As client experience is at the heart of what we do, you must have a friendly and empathetic style with clients and have excellent written English skills;
- You believe fundamentally in the importance of customer experience and are driven to think of the customer first, always seeking to exceed their expectations;
- You have the ability and desire to work in a fast paced and challenging environment;
- You want to make a meaningful impact on a fast growing company through the excellent contributions you will make to the team through your performance. You are driven to meet and exceed your own measurable performance expectations;
- You thrive in team environments and are motivated to work collectively with others to achieve team goals;
- You have an attitude of constant learning and development. As an ambitious and growing company, learning and development is a central part of the journey for our team. You must love learning and be motivated to constantly develop and improve your skills and performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of income tax returns for professional service contractors, PAYE directors, landlords, freelancers and sole traders;
- Reviewing income tax returns prepared by junior team members;
- Carrying out tax research in connection with the preparation of income tax returns as required and some additional tax research periodically on behalf of the Senior Accountant and Directors;
- Reviewing year end statutory financial statements for client companies, (primarily one-person service companies), which have been prepared by junior team members;
- Reviewing year end statutory financial statements for Fenero’s internal umbrella companies which have been prepared by a junior team member, prior to passing them to final sign off by the Senior Accountant; this is akin to experience typically gained in “industry”
- Assisting with the preparation of year end financial statements for clients and Fenero at peak times as required;
- Supporting the development of junior team members and assisting new incoming team members as the business division expands further;
- Assisting the Senior Accountant with the ongoing improvement of quality control processes to increase the effectiveness of the division and to further enhance the client experience.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary DOE & Neg.
- In addition to ongoing on-the-job training and development, we also offer external study supports to team members wishing to pursue further related professional qualifications. These supports include paid course fees, paid exam fees and paid study leave
- Supportive, well being and employee growth focused culture.
- In 2016 we won the National Workplace Wellbeing of the Year (Small Company) Award;
- In 2017 we were finalists in CIPD Ireland’s Excellence in HR Awards in the category of “Embedding a Culture of Workplace Wellbeing”;
- In 2018 we were finalists in the Irish Accountancy Awards in 3 categories, including “Employer of the Year”
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised gym and health/wellbeing related activities
- Life insurance (available upon joining) and disability (PHI) cover (available after 6 months service)
- Regular social and team events. We love to celebrate our successes and milestones and maintain a strong sense of team with our frequent social, cultural and sporting activities.
How to Apply
Send your CV AND cover letter to email@example.com
We can really never emphasize this enough – bring your CV to life with a great cover letter! Show us the person behind the CV, tell us your story. Make your cover letter stand out!
Please also state your salary expectations in your cover letter.
We will not accept applications without a cover letter to accompany your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!