We are currently looking for a full time Income Tax Specialist to join our team.
We are one of Ireland’s leading personal tax companies, specialising in umbrella company solutions for contractors and income tax services to freelancers and individuals. We are highly focused on customer experience as a fundamental aspect of the delivery of our expert tax services at great value fees.
Alongside our professionalism and dedication to the serious business of managing our client’s tax affairs, we know how to have fun and we are very focused on personal wellbeing and employee growth. We won the 2016 National Workplace Wellbeing Award from the Nutrition & Health Foundation and were shortlisted in the 2017 CIPD Excellence in HR Awards for Workplace Wellbeing.
If you want to work in a highly supportive team environment with a focus on employee growth and development, check out how to apply below.
This role is working within our growing Income Tax team. The role requires a strong knowledge in income tax and excellent customer services skills. The role is very client focused and customer experience orientated. The successful candidate therefore must enjoy dealing with people and display natural customer service skills, as well as good knowledge of Irish income tax rules.
Duties & Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation and submission of personal tax returns
- Preparation of accounts for self-employed clients
- Researching and resolving tax technical issues arising in the personal tax return preparation process
- Keeping up to date with relevant legislation and case law
- Managing a portfolio of clients and ensuring deadlines are met
- Participate in client meetings and develop client relationships
- Organise and monitor the work schedule to ensure deadlines are met
- Liaise with Revenue on behalf of clients
- Responsibility for training and monitoring trainees together with reviewing their work
- Answering client queries by telephone, email and in person
- Delivering an excellent customer experience at all times
- Other income tax, accounting and administration process support duties to support the Income Tax Team activities
Skills & Qualities Requirements
- Qualified or Part-Qualified Chartered Tax Advisor AITI or Chartered Tax Technician an advantage; paid study supports are available for those wishing to pursue accounting qualifications, including paid study leave and course fees;
- Minimum of two year’s experience in a professional tax environment working in personal tax;
- Excellent knowledge of Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax;
- Good knowledge of VAT, Corporation Tax and RCT an advantage;
- Confident in dealing with clients and third parties on queries by phone;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Great interpersonal skills with outgoing, friendly personality;
- Highly organised individual with ability to prioritise and work calmly in a demanding deadline driven environment;
- Demonstrates passion for living our company values.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary DOE; please state your salary expectations in your application to us
- Study supports available for those wishing to pursue further related professional development qualifications
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised gym or health/wellbeing related activities
- Life insurance (available upon joining) and disability (PHI) cover (available after 6 months service)
- Supportive and employee growth focused culture, within an Employee Wellbeing Award Winning environment
- Regular social events
How to Apply
We can really never emphasize this enough for any role we recruit for – bring your CV to life by sending us a great cover letter! Our recruitment decisions are based as much on personality and attitude as they are on skills and qualifications. Show us the person behind the CV, make your cover letter stand out!
Please also state your salary expectations in your cover letter.
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!