This role is ideal for an individual in the early stages of their accounts career. You will gain further experience in bookkeeping activities whilst also developing some client advisory skills and experience within our expenses management service for professional service contractors.
You will join our Finance Team, supporting the finance related activities of our Umbrella Company Contractor service. In this role your time will be split between client expenses management, client invoicing and bookkeeping assistance for our 100+ Fenero umbrella companies.
You will advise clients on how to minimise their tax liabilities by maximising business expense claims. You will review the business expenses submitted by clients to determine if they can be included in salary payments processed by our payroll team. You will develop extensive knowledge on the tax rules surrounding allowable business expenses. You will advise clients if expenses do not meet Revenue criteria as an allowable tax deduction. You will also advise clients on opportunities for claiming and maximising expenses. Full training will be provided on the tax rules relating to allowable business expenses.
You will provide invoicing support to our clients as a vital part of the process which ensures they get paid for the work they do. You will review the timesheets and invoice requests sent by our clients and will create sales invoices on their behalf to send to the recruitment agencies and companies they provide services to. You will act as a point of contact to clients, answering any invoicing queries they may have. Additionally you will be a point of contact for recruitment agencies and end user companies and you will assist with resolving any discrepancies or queries on behalf of our contractor clients to ensure our clients get paid on time and with maximum ease.
You will provide bookkeeping support for our 100+ umbrella companies. You will assist with bank reconciliations and the preparation and submission of company VAT returns and payroll returns.
Your Experience, Skills and Attributes
- You have c. 1 year experience in a fast paced accounting role;
- You are pursuing, or interested in pursuing, a related professional qualification including the Accounting Technician or Tax Technician;
- You are an excellent communicator. You enjoy communicating with clients both verbally and in writing. As client experience is at the heart of everything we do, you must have a friendly and empathetic style with clients and have excellent written English skills;
- You have the ability and desire to work in a fast paced and challenging environment;
- You believe fundamentally in the importance of customer experience and are driven to think of the customer first, always seeking to exceed their expectations;
- You thrive in team environments and are motivated to work collaboratively with others to achieve team goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Issuing sales invoices on behalf of our Umbrella Company contractors
- Liaising with contractors and agencies via telephone and email regarding queries over sales invoices
- Reviewing and approving contractor expenses according to tax rules
- Advising contractors on claiming expenses and responding to their queries via telephone and email
- Assistance with bookkeeping and accounting tasks related to the maintenance of our umbrella companies, including bank reconciliations, VAT returns, P30 returns
- Delivering an excellent customer service experience at all times
- Adhering to the procedures of our Quality Management and Client Feedback Systems
Salary and Benefits
- Salary DOE
- In addition to ongoing on-the-job training and development, we also offer external study supports to team members wishing to pursue further related professional qualifications. These supports include paid course fees, paid exam fees and paid study leave
- Supportive, well being and employee growth focused culture. We won the 2016 National Workplace of the Year Award and in 2017 were shortlisted in CIPD Ireland’s Excellence in HR Awards in the category of “Embedding a Culture of Workplace Wellbeing”
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, including a 24 hour medical helpline and free telephone and face to face counselling services
- Subsidised gym and health/wellbeing related activities
- Life insurance (available upon joining) and disability (PHI) cover (available after 6 months service)
- Regular social and team events. We love to celebrate our successes and milestones and maintain a strong sense of team with our frequent social, cultural and sporting activities.
How to Apply
Send your CV AND cover letter to email@example.com
We can really never emphasize this enough – bring your CV to life with a great cover letter! Show us the person behind the CV, tell us your story. Make your cover letter stand out!
Please also state your salary expectations in your cover letter.
We will not accept applications without a cover letter to accompany your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!