We are currently looking for a full time, experienced Accounts Assistant / Technician to join our team.
We are one of Ireland’s leading personal tax companies, specialising in umbrella company solutions for contractors and income tax services to freelancers and individuals. We are focused on delivering expert tax services to the highest quality standards at great value fees.
Alongside our professionalism and dedication to the serious business of managing our client’s tax affairs, we know how to have fun and we are very focused on personal wellbeing and employee growth. We won the 2016 National Workplace Wellbeing Award from the Nutrition & Health Foundation.
If you want to work in a highly supportive team environment with good work-life balance and passionate, dedicated colleagues, check out how to apply below.
This role is working within our Finance Team, delivering invoicing, contracts and payment support, expenses processing and management to our Umbrella Company contractors and bookkeeping support for our Umbrella Companies. It involves much telephone and email contact with our clients and business referrers, which includes many of Ireland’s most well known recruitment agencies.
You must have:
- a strong interest in billing, accounts and customer service
- great technical accounting/bookkeeping knowledge and understanding of accounting concept fundamentals
- a passion for customer service and dealing with people
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, balancing professionalism and friendliness
- the capability to work comfortably and calmly with demanding daily processing deadlines
- an enthusiasm for working in a lively, dynamic office environment
Duties & Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Issuing sales invoices on behalf of our Umbrella Company contractors
- Liaising with contractors and agencies regarding queries over sales invoices
- Resolve issues and queries relating to sales invoices
- Reviewing and approving contractor expenses according to tax rules
- Liaising with contractors regarding their expenses claim submissions
- Assistance with bookkeeping and accounting tasks for our umbrella companies
- Supporting clients with queries by telephone and email
- Delivering an excellent customer service experience at all times
Skills & Qualities Requirements
- Qualified as an ATI Accounting Technician or ATI Tax Technician an advantage but not required. Paid study supports are available for those wishing to pursue these qualifications as part of your salary and benefits package;
- Great technical understanding of fundamental accounting concepts;
- Minimum 2 years experience in a fast paced accounting role;
- Experience in an accountancy practice environment an advantage;
- Interested in working in a customer service environment with daily contact with clients and business referrers by phone and email;
- Capable of working comfortably and calmly to daily deadlines with high activity volumes;
- Confident in dealing with clients and third parties on queries by phone;
- Ability to build rapport with people quickly;
- Excellent written communication skills in dealing with queries by email;
- Great interpersonal skills with outgoing, friendly personality;
- Demonstrates passion and pride in living and representing our company ethos and values.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary DOE
- Study supports available for those wishing to pursue either the ATI Accounting Technician or ATI Tax Technician qualifications
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Life insurance (available upon joining) and disability (PHI) cover (available after 6 months service)
- Supportive, well being and employee growth focused culture
- Career development opportunities in an accountancy practice style environment
How to Apply
We can really never emphasize this enough for any role we recruit for – bring your CV to life by sending us a great cover letter! Our recruitment decisions are based as much on personality and attitude as they are on skills and qualifications. Show us the person behind the CV, make your cover letter stand out!
Please also state your salary expectations in your cover letter.
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!